I couldn’t have chosen an easy challenge, eh? Oh well. Let’s see… Starting with the dislikes:
- People who lie. Yes it’s a cliche, but it’s also a huge pain in the backside, and not very nice.
- Liquorice. Just ick.
- Brussel sprouts. Beyond ick.
- Camping. I’m curious about glamping, but I’m generally not much of an outdoor enthusiast.
- Water. It really doesn’t taste, well, like anything. Despite this, I try to drink at least 750ml plain water a day. Not so easy during winter.
- My current situation, specifically relating to work. But what doesn’t kill me makes me stranger – if that’s at all possible!
- Not being able to shop, treat myself for breakfast/lunch on Saturday mornings, and other unpleasantnessess related to my debt and consequent frugality.
- Cough syrup and throat lozenges. Loads of sugar and I don’t see the point. How is something that goes straight to my tummy supposed to make my lungs feel better and keep me from coughing up bits of it? Not to mention the revolting taste. May I just say “ICK!”
- Driving in Jo’burg. I do it every working day, and the afternoon traffic is enough to drive people around the bend. And I find it absolutely appalling the way bus and taxi drivers are so reckless with their charges’ lives.
- Meetings. I generally find them pointless and utterly unproductive. There are exceptions, but the majority? Meh.
And the nice, happy, likey things:
- Cake. Obviously. I didn’t get soft around the edges from carrots. Although I like carrots too. But not that much.
- Books. Reading, writing (I have so many notebooks that I feel to sorry to write in), audio books, e-books, good old, old-fashioned paper and ink books (they smell the best :))
- My friends. I have THE BEST friends. Ever! I don’t have many, but they rock. I like them a whole lot.
- Shopping. Or at least, I used to. I’m pretty sure I like it still, but I can’t remember. It’s been a while…
- Sleeping. Again, I think I do. I have not been able to do much of that lately either, but I do like being lazy in my bed. Preferably with my eyes closed and my mind occupied with the wonderful and weird dreams I often have. I miss you 8-hours-a-night!
- My BlackBerry. And my iPad. And my laptop, external hard drive and most things gadgety.
- Chocolates. Not as much as cake. But more than carrots.
- Shoes – high heels in particular. Mostly to look at. Sometimes to wear, but not that often. Wonky back and all that, you know?
- Jeans. Is there any item of clothing more versatile, comfortable, flattering (if you actually manage to find something for a soft-around-the-edges body that fits properly). I happily wear them all year round.
- Zombie everything. Plants vs Zombies, Zombie Farm, remember last year’s zombie calendar? Books about zombies, Pride & Prejudice & Zombie notebooks (currently serving as my headache diary, as I thought is rather apt).
Hold on, cowboys! Only 28 more posts like these. Aren’t you excited?
- 10 tutorial tips from Plants vs. Zombies creator George Fan (danlargo.com)
- Plants vs Zombies Toys Want to Eat Your Money, Not Your Brains [Plants Vs Zombies] (kotaku.com)