Bad writing, including grammar and spelling (particularly in novels) and if authors – and worse, their editors – can’t keep their characters/names straight. I mean, did you even bother to reread anything?
Nosy people. I know curiosity is a human condition; I’m an inquisitive individual myself, but I respect people’s privacy and boundaries. I hate when people eavesdrop, or fish for gossip. I don’t mind gossip if it has no malicious intent, but if someone told you something in confidence, I really don’t want to know about it. Sies!
Doing dishes. I don’t think there’s a single chore I hate more than that.
Traffic and rude drivers. Jo’burg is full of them, and Pretoria isn’t far behind. Everybody wants to get to their destinations; we’re all tired, rushed, hungry, etc. but a little common courtesy will go a long way in avoiding accidents, bottlenecks and road rage. I’m just saying.
Inconsiderate people in general. I’ll just leave it at that, because I could go on forever on this topic.
Meetings that do not add any value to projects I’m working on.
Lazy people who expects others to pick up the slack, and then take all the credit for themselves.
- What’s Your Biggest Pet Peeve? (buzzfeed.com)
- Top movie pet peeves (vancouversun.com)
- What’s Your Beauty Ad Pet Peeve? (bellasugar.com)
- On the Road Again: 7 Pet Peeves About Driving (theredheadchronicles.wordpress.com)
- Pet Peeves (thetimberframe.wordpress.com)
- Day 7: Pet Peeves (kajunkween.wordpress.com)